Hey! I decided to do a makeup tag which I saw from myFlairAffair. Haven’t done one for quite sometime now so here goes nothing….
1) Do you remember your first makeup item?My first makeup item has got to be ZA compact foundation powder. I remembered they used to have very beautiful packaging.
2) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?Something that would lengthen and volumize my lashes. Without any mascara on, my lashes are almost non-existent so something that would make my lashes more visible would be perfect! Fairy drops mascara works the best except that I couldn’t find it anywhere in stores at the moment. T.T
3) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundations.
Light to medium coverage ftw. 🙂
4) Favourite high-end brand?Chanel and Clarins.
Chanel because I’m obsessed with their vitalumiere aqua foundation and their powder blush. Clarins because their products all smell so heavenly good! They’re reasonably priced and they work for my skin!
5) What cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
There’s so many brands that I’d want to try but didn’t manage to just because they don’t have it in Singapore. Brands like – Emma hardie, Precisions Formula etc…
6) Favorite drugstore brand?
Revlon. Almost all their products that I’ve tried have never disappoint.
7) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
8) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?I’d wear my MAC face and body foundation + Tarte brow architect on a daily basis. I’m also good with going out bare faced. But if I’m forced to pick something that I can’t leave the house without, it would be my brow product.
9) What is your most cherished beauty product?Most cherished beauty product has got to by Alpha H Liquid Gold. If you’ve been following my blog for a long time now, you would have seen my entry where I explain how this product saved my skin. [here]
10) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up one item at a time here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
There’s no schedule as to how often I’d shop for makeup. It just happens. I’d only get lots of goodies at once when I know I’m about to run out of those things.
11) Do you have a beauty budget or spend freely?
Nope. Totally no budget and that’s the scary part. 0
12) Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes to reward cards and sales!
13) What type of products do you purchase the most?
Lipsticks, blushes and eyeshadows~! Let’s just say that I have more than what I can apply on my face.
14) Is there any brand you absolutely can’t stand?
Can’t stand Elizabeth Arden products. They’re a no no for my skin.
15) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
No. But getting products that are paraben and sulfate free is a plus.
16) Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Sephora. Favourite yet scary.
17) Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I don’t mind trying new products. But I tend to stick to those that I knew would work best on my skin.
18) Favorite bath and body brand?It has got to be Soap & Glory! They smell so heavenly and the scent can last on my skin almost the whole day!
19) If you could buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Revlon (drugstore) and Chanel (high end).
20) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Tarte of course.
21) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Honestly, no idea.
22) Do you belong to any makeup communities?
Nope. Is there even such a thing as makeup communities?
23) Favorite beauty gurus?
Michelle Phan (always blew me away with here video editing skills), Pixiwoo, Tati, Essie Button (just love hearing her talk), Tanya Burr.
24) Do you like multifunction products like lip and cheek stains?
Yes but I’d never wear them both on the same day.
25) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes! Especially with mascara. They tend to smudge under my eyes. Help!
26) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Used to but I find that step totally unnecessary for my lids.
27) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Zero to one depending on the level of laziness.
28) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Concealer. I find that putting the foundation on later would help them blend well together.
29) Fo you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes. I ever thought of being a professional makeup artist but I knew I could never commit to that dream.
30) What do you love about makeup?
Makeup is like an art. How you look varies depending on what you choose to put on. It is also very calming and soothing for me.